Sunday, July 18, 2010

Prayer Changes Things...........

~photo by katie kanowitz leach


Invitation to Pray
Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;” 1 Timothy 2:1

Answered Prayer
To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Psalm 3:4

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress;be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

You have granted him the desire of his heart and have not withheld the request of his lips. Psalm 21:2

I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called,and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:4-6

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God,who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! Psalm 66:19-20

Confidence In Prayer This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 1 John 5:14-15 [KJV]

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and findgrace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philip. 4:6-7

Fervency In Prayer
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with allperseverance and supplication for all saints;” Ephesians 6:18

“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16

Results through Prayer
“'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'” Jeremiah 33:3 [NKJV]

“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…” Ephes. 3:20 [NKJV]

Prayer in Times of Trouble
“And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” Psalm 50:15 [KJV]

“He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.” Psalm 91:15 [KJV]

“For I cried to him and he answered me! He freed me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4 [Living]

Delayed Answers to Prayer
“Even while I was praying and confessing my sin and the sins of my people, desperately pleading with the Lord my God for Jerusalem, his holy mountain, Gabriel, whom I had seen in the earlier vision, flew swiftly to me at the time of the evening sacrifice and said to me, "Daniel, I am here to help you understand God's plans. The moment you began praying a command was given. I am here to tell you what it was, for God loves you very much. Listen and try to understand the meaning of the vision that you saw!” Daniel 9:20-23 [Living]

United Prayer
“Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 18:19 [KJV]

“And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also.” Zech. 8:21 [KJV]

Individual Prayer
“And Asa cried unto the Lord his God, and said, Lord, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O Lord our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O Lord, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.”2 Chronicles 14:11 [KJV]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting these verses. They encouraged me during a tough day :)
-Katie Leach