Sunday, August 30, 2009

do not fret......

Be patient, we don’t need to know everything right now. In this life we won’t be able to resolve every question, solve every problem, or understand every situation. In time, everything will be made clear.
“For we know in part and we prophesy in part. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.” 1 Corinthians 13:9,12

Not every promise of God is intended for now. Some things will be for another time and another season. We don’t need to fret over God’s timetable. We will inherit all the promises of God through faith and patience.
“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18

As John upon his dear Lord’s breast,
So would I lean, so would I rest;
As empty shell in depths of sea,
So would I sink, be filled with Thee.

And so though daily duties crowd,
And dust of earth be like a cloud,
Through noise of words, O Lord, my Rest,
Thy John would lean upon Thy breast
-Amy Carmichael

No comments: