Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Older I Get.....

The Older I Get....
The simpler my holiday preparations become....
the closer I feel to old friends as I write my Christmas Cards....
the more I cherish the older ornaments....
the more fondly I remember Christmases past...
the longer I hold on to a holiday hug....
the more I realize that Christmas is a matter of the heart...
the tighter my throat gets when I sing "Silent Night"....
the more I enjoy giving instead of receiving....
the more I try to see Christmas through the eyes of a child....
the longer I sit at night in the glow of the Christmas tree....
The more wondrously beautiful the Christmas story is...
the deeper my awe at God's infinite love....
the More I Love Christmas!
~this was in a Christmas card I received today and it is just how I feel so I wanted to share it with you.......susan


No comments: